ViperOS is a new Custom ROM based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat for Samsung Galaxy S5. ViperOS promises stock experience with better performance and extensive customization choices. It is a good custom ROM that runs fast, smooth and stable. The ROM comes with amazing menu customization with tons of new features from LineageOS, Slim, Omni AOSPA, etc. It has a powerfull Viper SystemUI engine that brings many customizations, from lockscreen to powermenu. A list of the main features of ViperOS ROM is given below.
Follow this guide on How to Install ViperOS on Samsung Galaxy S5.
- Custom lockscreen settings
- Lockscreen weather
- Option to hide lockscreen clock, date & alarmtext
- Hide status bar on lockscreen
- Hide power menu & quick settings on secure lockscreen
- Lockscreen flashlight, double tap anywhere to sleep and disable media image
- Round button on recents
- Recents style toggle: cards and grid
- Recents membar
- ViperColor Engine built from scratch
- Lawnchair as default launcher (+DT2S)
- Navbar enable or disable
- Pixelnavbar (with animation) toggle
- Dynamic navbar
- Navbar dimensions
- Navbar button layout
- Hardware keys binding
- Hardware keys enable or disable
- Kill app with back button
- Power menu customization
- Heads up toogle, timeout and snooze function
- Reset battery stats
- Wired headset: make ringtone audiofocus customizable
- Live volume steps
- Hide arrows in network traffic indicators
- Fingerprint authentication vibration
- Toast icon switch
- Advanced Bluetooth, Data, WifiToggles
- Disableor enable screenshot sound
- QS header icon settings
- Header date and time positions
- Unlock keystore with fingerprint
- Double tap to sleep on navigation bar
- Drop Lineage LockClock, use OmniJaws
- Drop AOSP Clockapp, use from Google
- Custom ambient display settings
- Three Fingers Swipe for Screenshot
- PA Accidental Touch
First let’s have a look at some of the pre requisites before we take you to the step by step instruction.
- Your phone need to be rooted, and have a custom recovery image, such as CWM or TWRP.
- Backup any important data before going forward for the tutorial.
- Make sure that your phone has at least 50-60% battery.
- Download ROM form link below.
Warning: Rooting or flashing Custom ROMs will void your warranty and can brick your device if done wrong. We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone. Proceed at your own risk.
How to Install ViperOS ROM on Galaxy S5
- Install or update to latest TWRP custom recovery
- Download ROM and GApps.
- Move all downloaded files to your phone.
- Turn off your phone by holding the power button down for a few seconds.
- Boot to custom recovery by holding the volume up, power and home buttons at the same time. When the phone turns on, it will boot into recovery mode.
- Backup any important data before going forward.
- Wipe /data, /system and /cache.
- Flash ROM and GApps.
- Once the installation process is done reboot your phone.
The first boot will take a while because it is booting for the first time on a fresh installation of a Custom ROM.