Resurrection Remix is one of the most popular custom ROM based on AOSP source code which means that its UI is no different from stock Android on the Pixel phones. It is one of the best and also one of the most customizable ROMs out of the box. Resurrection Remix Pie brings many new features from popular custom ROMs and also brings an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and battery life compared to many custom ROMs.
The Resurrection Remix project started in 2012 with Android 4.0.x Ice Cream Sandwich. It soon became the most popular ROM with its original Samsung Galaxy S2 thread being the most viewed thread on XDA-developers for many months.
Now you can install Resurrection Remix v7.0 (Android 9 Pie) on Galaxy S5 by following our guide below. You will need a custom recovery like ClockworkMod or TWRP in order to flash the ROM on your phone. If your phone is running TWRP, then you can simply download and flash the Resurrection Remix Pie on Galaxy S5. Please make sure you backup all your data because this tutorial will wipe all your data.
First let’s have a look at some of the pre-requisites before we take you to the step by step instruction.
- Your device need to be rooted, and have TWRP or CWM custom recovery installed.
- Backup any important data before going forward for the tutorial.
- Make sure that your phone has at least 50-60% battery.
- Download ROM and Gapps form links below.
Warning: Rooting or flashing Custom ROMs will void your warranty and can brick your device if done wrong. We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone. Proceed at your own risk.
How to Install Resurrection Remix Pie on Galaxy S5
- Install or update to latest TWRP custom recovery.
- Download ROM, GApps
- Move all downloaded files to your phone.
- Turn off your phone by holding the power button down for a few seconds.
- Boot to custom recovery by holding the volume up, power and home buttons at the same time. When the phone turns on, it will boot into recovery mode.
- Backup any important data before going forward.
- Full wipe and factory reset (Recommended)
- Flash ROM and GApps.
- Flash Magisk Root (Optional)
- Once the installation process is done reboot your phone.
The first boot will take a while because it is booting for the first time on a fresh installation of a Custom ROM.
Source: XDA by furkaan28, Senior Member