LineageOS is the biggest and most popular custom Android experience. LineageOS is a close-to-stock version of Android with additional features that make your device more powerful and customizable.
Formerly known as CyanogenMod and later just Cyanogen which was one of the best custom ROM for most of the Android users. It was the biggest and most widely used custom ROM for Android devices and it has had a huge community of developers.
Here’s what you’ll need to flash a ROM:
- Your device needs to have TWRP or CWM custom recovery installed.
- Backup any important data before going forward for the tutorial.
- Make sure that your phone has at least 50-60% battery.
- Download ROM and Gapps form links below.
How to Install LineageOS 17 on your Galaxy S5
- Install or update to the latest TWRP custom recovery.
- Download ROM and GApps.
- Move all downloaded files to your phone.
- Turn off your phone by holding the power button down for a few seconds.
- Boot to custom recovery by holding the volume up, power and home buttons at the same time. When the phone turns on, it will boot into recovery mode.
- Backup any important data before going forward.
- Wipe /data, /system and /cache.
- Flash ROM and GApps.
- Once the installation process is done reboot your phone.
The first boot will take a while because it is booting for the first time on a fresh installation of a Custom ROM.
I hope this guide has been helpful to you!