Resurrection Remix is one of the best Custom ROMs, and also one of the most customizable ROMs out of the box. The ROM is packed with a plethora of options to help you customize your device according to your needs. You can customize every aspect of your phone like the lockscreen, notification shade, status bar icons and your navigation bar. It is a perfect choice if you want to customize your phone in every possible way.
To download and install Resurrection Remix Oreo on your device, you will need a custom recovery like ClockworkMod or TWRP in order to install these ROMs. We will guide you through the entire process of how to install Resurrection Remix 6.0 on Samsung Galaxy S5. Please make sure you backup all your data because this tutorial will wipe all your data.
If you want to try out Resurrection Remix 6.0 Oreo on your Galaxy S5, then simply follow the step by step instructions below.
First let’s have a look at some of the pre-requisites before we take you to the step by step instruction.
- Your device need to be rooted, and have TWRP or CWM custom recovery installed with unlocked Bootloader.
- Backup any important data before going forward for the tutorial.
- Make sure that your phone has at least 50-60% battery.
- Download ROM and Gapps form links below.
Warning: Rooting or flashing Custom ROMs will void your warranty and can brick your device if done wrong. We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone. Proceed at your own risk.
How to Install Resurrection Remix Oreo on Galaxy S5
- Install or update to latest TWRP custom recovery.
- Download ROM, GApps and Root Image (Magisk or SuperSU).
- Move all downloaded files to your phone.
- Turn off your phone by holding the power button down for a few seconds.
- Boot to custom recovery by holding the volume up, power and home buttons at the same time. When the phone turns on, it will boot into recovery mode.
- Backup any important data before going forward.
- Full wipe and factory reset (Recommended)
- Flash ROM and GApps.
- Flash Root Image (Magisk or SuperSU).
- Once the installation process is done reboot your phone.
The first boot will take a while because it is booting for the first time on a fresh installation of a Custom ROM.
Source: XDA, By furkaan28, Blackjubel