Resurrection Remix is one of the best Custom ROMs, and also one of the most customizable ROMs out of the box.
Resurrection Remix is a Custom ROM that offers tons of customization options and still gives you a stock experience. You can customize every aspect of your phone like the lockscreen, notification shade, status bar icons and your navigation bar. It is a perfect choice if you want to customize your phone in every possible way.
You will need a custom recovery like ClockworkMod or TWRP in order to flash the ROM. We will guide you through the entire process of how to install Resurrection Remix 6.0 on Galaxy S4 Mini . Please make sure you backup all your data because this tutorial will wipe all your data.
If you want to try out Resurrection Remix 6.0 on your Galaxy S4 mini, then simply follow the step by step instructions below.
This ROM is compatible with the following variants of the Galaxy S4 Mini
- GT-I9190 (serrano3gxx)
- GT-I9195 (serranoltexx)
First let’s have a look at some of the pre-requisites before we take you to the step by step instruction.
- Your device need to be rooted, and have TWRP or CWM custom recovery installed.
- Backup any important data before going forward for the tutorial.
- Make sure that your phone has at least 50-60% battery.
- Download ROM and Gapps form links below.
Warning: Rooting or flashing Custom ROMs will void your warranty and can brick your device if done wrong. We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone. Proceed at your own risk.
How to Install Resurrection Remix on Galaxy S4 Mini
- Install or update to latest TWRP custom recovery
- Download ROM and GApps.
- Move all downloaded files to your phone.
- Turn off your phone by holding the power button down for a few seconds.
- Boot to custom recovery by holding the volume up, power and home buttons at the same time. When the phone turns on, it will boot into recovery mode.
- Backup any important data before going forward.
- Full wipe and factory reset (Recommended)
- Flash ROM and GApps.
- Once the installation process is done reboot your phone.
The first boot will take a while because it is booting for the first time on a fresh installation of a Custom ROM.
How to update
- Download Resurrection Remix ROM
- Boot into recovery (latest TWRP preferred)
- Take a nandroid backup
- Flash ROM
Source: XDA, By Harvey_Spectar