Now you can enjoy the latest Android Oreo 8.0 on your Galaxy S4 Mini. An unofficial version of LineageOS 15 is now available for Galaxy S4 Mini that brings Android 8.0 Oreo and its features to the device. This ROM is brought to you by arco68, XDA Recognized Developer. Android Oreo is the fastest and safest version of Android yet. It brings in a lot of new features like the picture in picture mode, notification badges for app icons, lockscreen shortcuts, and several background optimizations.
Lineage OS is a free and open source operating system for smartphones and tablet based on AOSP with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. Lineage OS was officially launched on December 24, 2016, with the source code available on GitHub. It provides pure stock experience and stable performance without compromising much on the customization side. Lineage OS is the successor to the CyanogenMod which was one of the best custom ROM for most of the Android adventurers. It was the biggest and most widely used custom ROM for Android devices and it has had a huge community of developers.
You will need a custom recovery like ClockworkMod or TWRP in order to flash the ROM zip and Google Apps zip files on your phone. We will guide you through the entire process of how to install Lineage OS 15 on Galaxy S4 Mini . Please make sure you backup all your data because this tutorial will wipe all your data.
If you want to try out Lineage OS 15 (Android Oreo 8.0) on your Galaxy S4 mini, then simply follow the step by step instructions below.
This ROM is compatible with the following variants of the Galaxy S4 Mini
First let’s have a look at some of the pre-requisites before we take you to the step by step instruction.
- Your device need to be rooted, and have TWRP or CWM custom recovery installed.
- Backup any important data before going forward for the tutorial.
- Make sure that your phone has at least 50-60% battery.
- Download ROM and Gapps form links below.
Warning: Rooting or flashing Custom ROMs will void your warranty and can brick your device if done wrong. We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone. Proceed at your own risk.
How to Install Lineage OS 15 ROM on your Galaxy S4 Mini
- Install or update to latest TWRP custom recovery from links given below.
- Download ROM and GApps.
- Move all downloaded files to your phone.
- Turn off your phone by holding the power button down for a few seconds.
- Boot to custom recovery by holding the volume up, power and home buttons at the same time. When the phone turns on, it will boot into recovery mode.
- Backup any important data before going forward.
- Wipe /data, /system and /cache.
- Flash ROM and GApps.
- Once the installation process is done reboot your phone.
The first boot will take a while because it is booting for the first time on a fresh installation of a Custom ROM.
Currently not working
- Video recording
Source: XDA, By arco68, Recognized Developer